5 medium eggs, separated
275g white caster sugar
1 tsp ground mixed spice
50g white chocolate buttons
50g smooth dark chocolate, broken up
200ml Greek yogurt
100ml fresh double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
100g fresh (washed) or frozen (defrosted) cranberries
1/2 tsp gold edible lustre
1. Preheat the oven to 120C, fan 100C, gas 0.5 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. In a large, clean glass bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form. Add the sugar, then fold in the spice and whisk until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray in a wreath shape. Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven and leave the wreath in the oven for 3 hours. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Just before you’re ready to serve, melt the white and dark chocolate in separate heatproof bowls set over – but not touching – gently simmering water.
5. Whisk together the yogurt, cream and 2 tbsp of the icing sugar, until medium peaks form. Spoon on top of the meringue.
6. Put the cranberries in a bowl with the remaining icing sugar and half the lustre. Roll the berries to coat, then scatter them over the meringue. Drizzle over the chocolate and sprinkle over the remaining lustre.
Top tip: Use the leftover egg yolks in a homemade custard or mayonnaise.