110g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
120g caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
50g self-raising flour
80g ground almonds
300g fresh raspberries
60g smooth white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
150ml double cream
30g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
30g toasted flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160C, gas 4. Grease and line an 18cm round cake tin.
2. Put the butter and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream together using a hand-held electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs, a little at a time, until completely incorporated.
3. Sift the flour into the bowl and gently fold in, along with the ground almonds and half the raspberries. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make the white chocolate cream: put the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through, until melted. Transfer to a large bowl, then add the cream and the icing sugar. Using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the mixture until smooth and soft peaks form.
5. Spread the cream on top of the cake, then top with the remaining raspberries and flaked almonds. Dust with icing sugar. Will keep covered in the fridge for up to four days.